Deep down, we all want the same things:
Acceptance and Belonging
Yes. Every single one of us wants this.
But, for whatever reason, we aren’t getting our needs met.
We all go about trying to get them in different ways – some are effective and some not so much.
Mostly, we learn from watching others.
Here are some common ways in the “not so much” category:
- We try to control.
- We try to make others give us what we need.
- We try to change our circumstances to feel better.
- Some scream and yell.
- Some act like they don’t care at all.
- Some hide and try to become invisible.
- Some try to put down others to make themselves appear happier.
- Some try to become someone completely different.
How should we go about getting love, safety, belonging, acceptance, and self-worth?
Look inside yourself.
It starts with how you think and feel about yourself.
If you aren’t sure how you feel about yourself, look at how you treat others. That is almost always a mirror of how you feel about yourself.
You have to feel safe with yourself.
You have to love yourself.
You have to accept you just the way you are.
You have to be the first member of the “You Fan Club”.
You have to know you are 100% worthy of love no matter what.
The rest will start to fall in place.
If you have questions about this, please DM me. I will be happy to help you work through a specific situation.